MVNOs in The Netherlands

Thanks everyone for the replies. Very helpful.

Yes, telecom.paper is a good source of info - just a shame you have to pay for content!

Just researching the share of the market held by MVNOs across Western Europe. The interesting thing is that although there are so many MVNOs (25 is what I have read too) the market share is still very small (less than 10%). In Denmark where there are fewer MVNOs (just) the market share is closer to 20%.

How do people see the MVNO market developing in The Netherlands post KPN-Telfort acquisition?

Danke.

› reageer

Hallo, verontschuldiging ik schrijve in engels!

I have seen figures that suggest that MVNOs and service providers have 8.6% of the mobile market in The Netherlands.

Has anyone else seen any figures relating to the market shares of MVNOs?

Danke!

› reageer

In May 2005, more than 25 Virtual Operators (VOs), including Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs), Enhanced Service Providers (ESPs) and Service Providers (SPs) and mobile resellers were active in the Dutch market. During the rest of the year, we expect an additional ten VOs to launch a mobile service proposition. Despite the interest in VO business models, their impact on the overall is still relatively small.

Source: www.telecompaper.com

Telecompaper is a site with many figures and facts about the mobile industy in the Netherlands. They have many reports and analysis about the 5 mobile operators and MVNOs. Also, other related things (market shares, customers numbers and information about the strategies of operators and many more) stands at telecompaper.com. The site is in English or Dutch. Sorry, my English isn't very good, hopefully it doesn't matter to much

› reageer

Telecom.paper does have a 50 page report about the Dutch MVNOs, but as you can see, the report costs 950 Euro's...

EDIT: As you can see, the information in royke2's post is from the site I linked to...

› reageer

I think that number is about right. take a look at

http://www.takashimobile.com/mvno.html

for a quite up to date list on mvno's in the Netherlands/worldwide

What kind of research are you doing on MVNO's?

› reageer

Thanks everyone for the replies. Very helpful.

Yes, telecom.paper is a good source of info - just a shame you have to pay for content!

Just researching the share of the market held by MVNOs across Western Europe. The interesting thing is that although there are so many MVNOs (25 is what I have read too) the market share is still very small (less than 10%). In Denmark where there are fewer MVNOs (just) the market share is closer to 20%.

How do people see the MVNO market developing in The Netherlands post KPN-Telfort acquisition?

Danke.

› reageer

Iets te zeggen? Reageer!

Om te kunnen reageren moet je ingelogd zijn. Klik hier om te in te loggen of te registreren.